Wednesday 9 September 2009

Why I'm Doing this

I like writing. And those of you who follow me on twitter will know I like tweeting too. Ive had a blog for a while now. The first one was purely cathartic and not read by anyone except me, cringingly. Then I went on to publishing the blog under a pseudonym. A few of you will have read it, many, many more of you won’t have. I didn’t want anyone reading the blog and thinking it was shit. I never did it for any reason other than because I wanted to and I did *not* want to be judged for it.

The problem with writing under a pseudonym is that its very difficult to reference your actual life, or the things that are annoying you because the people who know you personally will make the connection instantly, crushing the illusion.

In the last few days however, I have decided I don’t care. I have taken a leaf from a great blogger called Antonvowel who is being very open and honest with people about his life and what he is going through and I applaud him for that. So I’ve decided to start up my own blog, for all of you to read or ignore at your own discretion. Some things will of course be out of bounds, things about work and family things, and some names will of course be changed to protect the guilty.

So welcome to A Wild Stab in the Dark – because that is, ostensibly, what it is.

Ax

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new blog, hope you enjoy it. I've had 5 different blogs over the last decade and it can be real fun...especially to relieve some tension.

    ReplyDelete